- terms – from 6 months
- cost – from 60000 UAH
- support – corporate lawyer
Liquidation of the Company – A Comprehensive Guide
At Pravelon Legal, we understand the gravity of the decision to liquidate a company. It’s a complex and difficult process, often tied with emotional and financial impacts. However, there might be circumstances that necessitate this decision. For these situations, we are here to provide comprehensive legal and business support to ensure a seamless and compliant liquidation process.
What is Company Liquidation?
Company liquidation, also known as “winding up”, is a formal insolvency procedure where a company ceases its operations and its assets are sold or distributed to settle its debts. If any surplus remains, it is distributed among the shareholders. This process effectively brings the existence of the company to an end.
Reasons for Company Liquidation
There could be various reasons for liquidation:
- Insolvency: The company is unable to pay its debts.
- Structural changes: The shareholders decide to close the company due to strategic or structural changes.
- Legal issues: Serious legal issues which jeopardize the company’s continuity.
- End of life-cycle: The company has reached the end of its operational life-cycle.
Types of Liquidation
There are primarily two types of company liquidation:
- Voluntary Liquidation: Initiated by the company’s shareholders or directors when they believe the company is no longer sustainable.
- Compulsory Liquidation: Enforced by the court, typically following a petition from creditors.
The Liquidation Process
The process of liquidation can be intricate and requires strict adherence to legal protocols:
- Resolution: A resolution for liquidation is passed either by the company directors or shareholders.
- Appointment of a Liquidator: A liquidator is appointed who takes control of the liquidation process.
- Selling of Assets: The liquidator sells the company’s assets to generate funds.
- Payment to Creditors: The funds generated are used to pay off company debts.
- Dissolution: After settling all debts and obligations, the company is formally dissolved.
How Pravelon Legal can help?
Liquidation is a complex process. At Pravelon Legal, our team of experienced lawyers can guide you through each step, ensuring all legal and financial obligations are met. We help with:
- Guidance on the best type of liquidation for your situation
- Preparing and submitting the necessary legal documents
- Liaising with creditors, stakeholders and the liquidator
- Ensuring regulatory compliance throughout the process
At Pravelon Legal, we value our client’s peace of mind. Trust us to help you navigate this challenging journey with the utmost professionalism and empathy.
Contact us today for a consultation.